School-based Financial Aid
Eligibility and Determination of Need
French International uses School and Student Services (SSS) to provide objective, equitable, third-party financial needs assessments. French International grants cover on average between 10 and 40 percent of eligible families’ demonstrated need, although each case is evaluated on its own, unique merits. To be eligible for consideration for financial aid:
- Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) and submit the application fee and all supporting documents in the SSS portal.
- Currently enrolled French International families must be in good standing on all debt obligations to the School.
- For students of divorced or separated parents, a PFS, fee, and supporting documents are required of both parents regardless of custody or financial responsibility.
- For current French International families re-enrolling for the 2023-24 school year: January 13, 2023
- For families applying for fall 2023-24 admission: February 1, 2023.
If your family has more than one financial aid application deadline, we recommend that you submit your application for all children by the earliest deadline.
How to Apply
To apply for financial aid, submit a completed PFS with all required supporting documents and non-refundable application fee of $60 directly to SSS via its secure portal. The school code for French International is 2275.
Required Supporting Documents
Please submit copies of the following supporting documents directly to SSS:
- 2022 Federal Income Tax Return with all schedules, W-2 and/or 1099 forms. If not yet available, then use 2021 forms with 2022 information estimated in the financial aid application. Upload 2022 documents when available, and update your application at that time.
- Form 4506 Tax Information Authorization
- Your application is not considered complete without your supporting documents. You may wish to start tax preparation early in order to meet the application deadline.
Award Consideration Guidelines
In allocating financial aid resources, we consider the following criteria:
- The applicant family’s financial resources and circumstances
- Ability to pay tuition and fees as determined by independent financial analysis of information provided on PFS
- Whether the applicant family’s expenses include tuition paid to institutions other than French International
- Commitment to independent, immersion education
- Cultural diversity
- Full-day or half-day enrollment
- The applicant family's adherence to deadlines
For further details, contact French International Chief Financial Officer Lisa Johnson at (503) 292-7776 x1311.