Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at French International —the longest-established language immersion school in Portland, and the only IB school in Portland for preschool-8th grade.
Below, you’ll find the important dates and required steps of our application process for each grade level, as well as our most frequently asked questions. To begin the application process, click the Apply Today button below to set up your account in our Admissions Portal.
If you have additional questions or would like an update on your child’s admissions status, please don’t hesitate to connect with our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-292-7776 ext. 1324.
Director of Admissions
When do we need to apply?
For priority consideration, please apply by February 1 for the school year beginning the following September. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis after that date.
When are admissions offers made?
Offers of admission for applications completed by the February 1 priority deadline will be made in March and April. For applications received after February 1, offers of admission will be made on a space-available basis.
- How old does a child have to be to enter French International?
- How many openings are available each year?
- Is Potty-Training Required?
- Do you require an entrance exam?
- Do you require an interview?
- How does French International make admissions decisions?
- What does the Contractual Process Look Like?
- Is there a waiting list?
- Does French International offer financial aid?
How old does a child have to be to enter French International?
How many openings are available each year?
Is Potty-Training Required?
Do you require an entrance exam?
Do you require an interview?
How does French International make admissions decisions?
What does the Contractual Process Look Like?
Is there a waiting list?
Does French International offer financial aid?
French International welcomes students and families who will thrive in an internationally minded curriculum. We support learners to become inquirers, principled communicators, and open-minded thinkers who have a commitment to learning and growing. Helping your child realize their full potential is a privilege we take very seriously. We consider families and guardians as partners in our students’ journey of developing into global citizens, with an appreciation and understanding of diverse cultures and perspectives, to help make a better, more peaceful world.
French International admits students whose families value the advantages of an academically balanced, stimulating and engaging curriculum in small-class environments.
- Our school benefits from a community with students coming from a range of diverse cultures, abilities, and talents.
- Our program is a partnership with families who strive to develop international-mindedness, respect, and independence.
- Our students benefit from a well-rounded curriculum that is inclusive, nurturing, and challenging.
- Our school can provide continuity and community for families arriving from other IB schools or language immersion programs.
Admissions mission-appropriate student:
Our school strives to welcome students from a wide range of gender, race, religious, socioeconomic, language, immersion, and geographic backgrounds. We value families who see themselves connected to the global community and assume a sense of responsibility toward its members, by embodying the attributes of the IB learner profile (caring, open-minded, principled, balanced, communicator, knowledgeable, thinker, risk-taker (courageous), inquirer, and reflective).
Our school values growth, change, and exploring new ideas; however, we are not a school for everyone, and we take into account students’ learning needs and whether or not we can accommodate them as their best possible learning environment (see Inclusion Policy). We believe in having a mutual partnership with families, keeping each other informed of any learning needs or trends that arise for the student.